About Nigitsu Shrine
1984 reconstruction of a 1835 temple destroyed by the atomic bombing.
Nigitsu Shrine has a history dating back to 1706, and has been rebuilt several times during that period. The original was built in 1835, however it was completely destroyed by the atomic bombing. A faithful reconstruction of the original was completed in 1984, with a new Chinese-style gate reconstructed in 2000.
Nigitsu Shrine is a stop on the Futabanosato Historical Walking Trail.